The UTA is a new non-profit trade association for private passenger transportation companies. The mission of the UTA is to promote safe and sustainable transportation solutions for New York State. Our members include; taxi, livery, medical transportation, and paratransit fleets in all areas of New York State north of NYC and Long Island.
Our work will improve the effectiveness of private transportation services to meet the growing needs of consumers, through public and private partnerships.
We will work cooperatively local and state government improve the regulatory environment within the for-hire transportation industry to create a fair and competitive playing field for everyone in the business of transporting passengers for compensation.
A unified voice for members:
- Representing common legislative interests at the local and state level
- Protecting the rights and opportunities of the industry
- Collecting, interpreting, and communicating industry news
- Developing resources for improving services provided by private operators
- Education and assistance with industry compliance standards